OECD Partner Session: Responsible Sourcing of Raw Materials
What makes the difference for a successful implementation?
Insights from industry good practice cases
Join the ZOOM WEBINAR
The global transition of the energy and mobility sectors that is necessary to combat climate change requires vast amounts of raw materials. To be truly sustainable, ’green’ energy and transportation need to be powered by a socially and environmentally responsible sourcing of raw materials. In this session, international experts will take a deep dive into the concrete targets and measures the EU needs to consider to realize this ambition, informed by the RE-SOURCING Project’s Roadmap for the Renewable Energy Sector and a preview of results from our Mobility Sector Roadmap.
Topics to be discussed include:
- The main challenge to responsible sourcing has been the failure to implement
- Do we see an improvement and acceleration of RS implementation?
- Why/Why not? What are the main drivers to implement RS?
- Good practice cases supporting and showcasing the implementation of targets from the projects’ roadmaps:
- Responsible Procurement of minerals by using a strong standard
- Developing an effective collection & treatment system for end-of-life PV modules and batteries
No registration required! Please consult the Participant Information.
This event is organized as a Partner Session of the 15th OECD Forum on Responsible Mineral Supply Chains.